List,

Here’s something that’s been saving me a lot of work lately. A project template that generates a base repository that has working tests, linting, CI and documentation generation. If you’ve done it a couple of times, then it’s not hard, just tedious and repetitive. And so far this has saved me quite some time.

The template is very opinionated (LuaRocks, GitHub, GitHub actions, LuaCheck, Ldoc, LuaCov, Coveralls). The rationale for many of the choices can be found in the docs.

Instructions:
- clone template
- run “./init.sh” and answer the questions (6, pre-filed)
(for more detailed steps see the docs)

Template: https://github.com/Tieske/project.lua
Docs: https://tieske.github.io/project.lua/topics/01-introduction.md.html

Enjoy!