I did not mean to say that it “will” be a problem, but it definitely can be if the code uses typecasts or other similar C tricks. And the performance degradation from unaligned data access is a real concern on some non-Intel CPUs, and Lua can be used on pretty much any hardware that has a C compiler, so it’s not only an academic concern.

Sent from my iPhone