This sounds really interesting.

I usually hate such benchmarking concerning and interpreter language
like Lua... . As I see it, the main focus for interpreter language
should always be flexibility and the C "base code" must be designed
such, that the "workhorse functions", e. g. with long numeric for
loops must be handled by this C "base code".

The benchmarks typically just test such "long numeric for loops" -
which I think is a strange attitude of testing a Lua interpreter code.

Therefore your test seems to show MUCH more, what REALLY is going on.

But I could not find your detail explanation post in githup - can you
give the exact link maybe?

I would be especially interested in this application you call "sys" -
do you have an explanation why LuaJIT is so TERRIBLY bad here?