One further point, which I do not really get from this github article
/ from looking at your main_async function:

Where does Lua exactly do the yielding between the different coroutines?

(I think generally in such a coroutine approach it is nice, if the Lua
"end user" somehow has a possibility to decide where the yielding is
done).

... sorry again, if this question is too stupid... I am really quite
experienced in C/C++, but quite a newbie to Lua... .