Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo <lhf@tecgraf.puc-rio.br> wrote

> Does anyone use the RSS feeds in lua.org?
> https://www.lua.org/rss.html

I do! Using Liferea, if somebody is looking for information on preferred news readers.

> Are these feeds useful at all?
> Browsers no longer include RSS readers.

But there are many extensions for that, independent desktop clients, and web based readers.

With RSS users have their own choice on how to receive news and *this* is the really important part: feeds are accessible, choice-preserving, democratic, privacy-friendly, and distributed; all reasons why social media and advertising companies hate them so much and why we should keep them alive.

--
Alexandre Erwin Ittner
OpenPGP key 0x48CF13A4BE42B8BD