Hi,

I'm sorry my post was so boring.

I guess you are referring to your posts from 21/1/2022, which do
describe the same problem.

Yes I think there are probably many instances where this feature would
be useful, not just for writing big integer libraries!

Any library making use of tables or userdata to represent user-defined
data types could make use of this feature to allow these objects to be
compared with Lua's inbuilt data types (string, number, boolean).

But as I said I don't see any future in changing the semantics of the
existing __eq metamethod.

-a