how to do then if I want to make a script for an esp8266 module on lua?

Personally, I am not a fan of running Lua on an ESP8266 and other extremely low memory devices, unless you plan on writing very small scripts. I know MicroPython operates in this domain, but how practical is this?

If you want an ESP8266 like device, try the ESP32 WROVER (with extra memory). With this device, you can write larger Lua programs. The following link is to a tool that enables you to compile Lua and upload Lua to an ESP32 WROVER without requiring C code experience. The code uploaded to the ESP32 includes more than Lua and provides an easy to use web based Lua editor powered by the ESP32.

https://realtimelogic.com/downloads/sharkssl/ESP32/?bas=

-Wilfred