I downloaded lua-5.4.4.tar.gz here - Lua: download area, the I made a "lua" directory under C: on Windows 10, then I opened MinGW and extracted it, so I had a folder "lua-5.4.4". Then I typed"make PLAT=mingw" and "make install", they all ran correctly, I mean no error prompted. Then I got 2 files in folder "/usr/local/bin" - lua.exe and luac.exe.

When I typed "luac", it shown:
E:\msys64\usr\local\bin\luac.exe: no input files given
usage: E:\msys64\usr\local\bin\luac.exe [options] [filenames]
Available options are:
-l list (use -l -l for full listing)
-o name output to file 'name' (default is "luac.out")
-p parse only
-s strip debug information
-v show version information
-- stop handling options
- stop handling options and process stdin

When I typed "lua", it shown:
E:/msys64/usr/local/bin/lua.exe: error while loading shared libraries: lua54.dll: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I found page 18 of this document ( Chapter 1 of the book Beginning Lua Programming - Lua: FAQ - 1.2 ? How do I build Lua in Windows and other systems?) - "The batch script generates three files: lua.exe, luac.exe, and lua5.1.dll", so the matter would be I haven't get the 3rd file in my upper procession? Then I went to  - http://luabinaries.sourceforge.net/, downloaded a binary and extracted it, then copy the lua54.dll into /usr/local/bin, now when I typed "lua -v", it prompted:Lua 5.4.4  Copyright (C) 1994-2022 Lua.org, PUC-Rio, while when I typed"lua", nothing but the cursor flashing, is that right or not? and how to do then if I want to make a script for an esp8266 module on lua?