On Wed, Jan 19, 2022, 18:00 Roberto Ierusalimschy wrote:
The manual does not say that Lua will raise an error. It says that you
should not do it. Search for "should not" in the manual and you will
find several similar cases:

If that "Should not" is intended to be a recommendation, I think the manual should say somewhere else that code like

```
::lab:: ::lab::
```
is an error.

"Should say" is intended to be a recommendation. Sorry for the bad word joke, and/or if I miss the point in the manual where it is already written. :)