On 24/11/2021 12:52, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:
About "el", wasn't there a similar attempt years ago? I didn't remember
the details, but someone tried (as a proof of concept IIRC) to create an
OS shell replacement using Lua.

Possibly GSL Shell:
https://www.nongnu.org/gsl-shell/

Mmmh. No it wasn't that. I also more or less remember GSL shell, but it wasn't the thing I was thinking of. GSL shell is also sort of a front-end for GSL library and IIRC was quite a complex project.

The proof-of-concept I'm thinking of was something simpler and not meant to be a front-end for some mature library, just a toy project or something like that.