On 9 Nov 2021, at 19:27, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:

>> These functions are marked private even though they are used in luac,
>> causing linking to fail.
>
> luac needs to be linked statically with the Lua library or objects.
> I thought the current mingw target in the Makefile handled that, but I
> don't know, having no access to Windows or expertise there.

Ok, then it seems this is not properly done currently.

I tried to look in the GitHub mirror too if there might
be a patch already in that solves that but for some reason
the file layout and Makefile in the git does not seem to
match the content of the release tarballs. Whats the
reason for these differences?

> Hopefully someone knowledgeable about Windows can help here.

Thanks, I'll wait for further feedback then how to go about
properly fixing this issue.