On Wed Jan 27, 2021 at 8:32 AM EST, Adrian Perez de Castro wrote:
> Hello!
>
> On Wed, 27 Jan 2021 20:59:27 +0800 孙世龙 sunshilong
> <sunshilong369@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Besides LuaSocket, is there any other library that provides support
> > for the TCP and UDP transport layers for Lua?
> >
> > I am using vanilla Lua.
> >
> > Stable and open source project is preferred.
> > Any guideline or suggestion is welcome.
>
> I have used cqueues a few times in the past, which worked
> wonderfully.

I second cqueues, it is a great library that provides a full
non-blocking environment for networking (using coroutines and
kqueue/epoll), but note that it is POSIX only.

For something smaller in scope and features, I implemented a Lua wrapper
[1] around the socket99 C library [2], it provides a nice API to sockets
(POSIX-only too)

[1]: https://git.sr.ht/~mna/luasock99
[2]: https://github.com/silentbicycle/socket99