On Mon, Jan 11, 2021 at 4:11 PM bel wrote:
In particular if you are under pressure of time ("always").

The advice
"use plenty of parentheses if you do not have enough time to work carefully with your code"
looks not serious to me.
If you're hurrying up, the operator precedence might not be your biggest problem :-)

Anyway, the rule "after / no * or / without ()" already proved to be useful in practice.

I understand your concern about "a/b*c".
But why do you suggest writing "a/b/c" as "(a/b)/c" ?
What could go wrong here?
An engineer can mistakenly interpret "a/b/c" as a date? :-)

> A possible solution is to write LaTeX-to-Lua converter
> latex_to_lua_func

Thank you - I did not know something like this exists.
Do you have a link to this project?

Such a project probably exists.
But I implied you should write your own convertor - it's quite a simple task.