On Mon, Jan 11, 2021 at 12:44 PM Pierre Chapuis wrote:
> on Windows we really lack either a distribution with an extensive collection of binary modules (for instance a 3rd party repository relying on LuaBinaries), or a simple way to build standalone executables with C deps from scratch (for instance a distribution of MinGW + Lua + LuaRocks).

I agree that lua on Windows is a bit problematic. For the "Build all
by yourself" path, I used cross-compilation and a simple script [1]
which, among other things, is responsible for downloading the full gcc
toolchain [2]. It statically compiles lua plus some modules (lfs,
luasocket, etc). I do not know how complex it would be to add the
lua-odbc module.

Moreover:
- An utility is provided to embed the script in the executable.
- Releases binaries (win, mac, linux and arm) are automatically built
with Travis-CI.

Mimmo Mane.

[1] https://github.com/pocomane/lua_static_battery
[2] a static musl-based one, taken from https://musl.cc