On 2020-11-18 2:07 p.m., Francisco Olarte wrote:
> Soni:
>
> On Wed, Nov 18, 2020 at 5:47 PM Soni "They/Them" L. <fakedme@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 2020-11-18 1:31 p.m., Francisco Olarte wrote:
> > > Are you sure it is gmail doing that? I read the list on it and do not
> > > recall seeing that. Not the external sender.
> > > The links also come right. Certainly my MUA (gmail web interface )
> > > RENDERS them as links popping up, but this is my problem and I can
> > > easily avoid it, gmail per se sends raw text to me if I ask for it.
> > gmail for corporate (aka gsuite) can do both those things if configured
> > to do so, and so can various other email server software. it may not be
> > a problem for you, specifically, but that doesn't mean it's not a
> > problem for other user. and we can give those users a way around it, if
> > we add PGP to the mailing list software.
>
> Sorry if it seems obtuse, but english is not my native language and
> sometimes I do not parse things right.When you say it can do both
> those things you mean it can ADD the external sender/redirected links
> or REMOVE them?

gsuite can receive emails with external links.

gsuite can be configured to turn said links into MITM links.

gsuite can add "EXTERNAL SENDER" to subject lines.

when drafting replies, the reply will be sent with gsuite's MITM and
EXTERNAL SENDER subject lines, unless the user manually replaces them to
their original form.

PGP prevents gsuite from doing those, so the user wouldn't have to
manually replace anything.