On 2020-11-18 1:31 p.m., Francisco Olarte wrote:
> Soni:
>
> On Wed, Nov 18, 2020 at 3:36 PM Soni "They/Them" L. <fakedme@gmail.com> wrote:
> > The encryption additionally prevents:
> > - gmail replacing/MITMing embedded links
> > - gmail adding EXTERNAL SENDER to subject lines
>
> Are you sure it is gmail doing that? I read the list on it and do not
> recall seeing that. Not the external sender.
>
> The links also come right. Certainly my MUA (gmail web interface )
> RENDERS them as links popping up, but this is my problem and I can
> easily avoid it, gmail per se sends raw text to me if I ask for it.
>
> Francisco Olarte.

gmail for corporate (aka gsuite) can do both those things if configured
to do so, and so can various other email server software. it may not be
a problem for you, specifically, but that doesn't mean it's not a
problem for other user. and we can give those users a way around it, if
we add PGP to the mailing list software.