Em qua., 11 de nov. de 2020 às 10:22, Roberto Ierusalimschy <roberto@inf.puc-rio.br> escreveu:
> > I don't mean to be harsh and we do welcome suggestions and
> > corrections, but do you really think we write useless code?
> >
> Am I bothering you?

I think it is a problem of tone. When you see some code that you
don't understand, you assume it is wrong and immediately suggest a
"correction". Instead, you should assume that there are things you may
not understand, and ask why that code is the way it is.
Ok, of course I can.
I really don't know anything about Lua.
But when I make a suggestion, it doesn't mean that I'm "stating" that it should be accepted.
But that I am accelerating a little, proposing a solution, even if wrong, that should be promptly rejected.
The problem is that most of the time, it takes forever, even when the solution is good and correct.
Contributing is necessary to find time, rare and scarce time.

Ranier Vilela