Dears, good morning,

One of the ways I was taught to program at school (a long time ago) was to present a programming problem (like building a program for inventory control), where we had to translate the abstraction of the problem into the chosen language (BASIC).

I saw this approach again in a handout of a Java course, where the problem of building bank account management was described step by step and showing what the language offered as options.

I think your material could follow this approach.

Sincerely yours,

João Carlos