It is troubling that by default, when searching the web for "how do I
do a thing in lua" you are likely to end up on a wiki page that hosts
a debate about how to implement the thing, a collection of
implementations, and criticisms of ways in which those implementations
do not work as expected. Often it would be nicer to end up on the
reference manual or on some resource that provides an implementation
and clearly explains what versions of Lua it works under and what
behavior it has for various cases.

I worry a little that a living collaborative resource would suffer a
similar fate.