On 13-Sep-20 22:39, Coda Highland wrote:
If we were to truly care enough to put the effort into it, we could compile the modules with thunks that could be patched-up at load time to access functions out of the main executable. That is, after all, more or less how DLLs work anyway. Transitive dependencies might still be an issue, of course, but given a 640KB memory limit there's only so far you can really practically go anyway.

Technically you could use extended and expanded memory to break the 640 KB barrier. Ah, the ineffable joy of tuning config.sys ;-)

--
  Enrico