> > I know Linux and other systems have limits on actual file-name lenghts,
> > but dlopen must accept non-existent file names, too. For instance, if we
> > call fopen with such a name, it dutifully reports a "File name too long"
> > error.
> >
> > -- Roberto
> >

> PATH_MAX from linux/limits.h :}

Repeating myself:
I know Linux and other systems have limits on actual file-name lenghts
(e.g., PATH_MAX), but dlopen must accept non-existent file names, too.

I did not find any documentation saying that invalid file names
(filename arguments, in particular) should respect that limit, too.

-- Roberto