> Stack overflow in lsys_load (lua/loadlib.c:134)
>
> [...]

This seems to be an issue with dlopen. Apparently, it is using a
stack-allocated array to hold the name of the file in its error handling.
As the file name is too big, that causes a stack overflow.

(*) That may not be a bug in dlopen if there is an explicit limit on
the length of its filename argument. I could not find such limit in its
documentation, so I am inclined to say that this is a bug in dlopen.

I know Linux and other systems have limits on actual file-name lenghts,
but dlopen must accept non-existent file names, too. For instance, if we
call fopen with such a name, it dutifully reports a "File name too long"
error.

-- Roberto