>>>>> "Roberto" == Roberto Ierusalimschy <roberto@inf.puc-rio.br> writes:

 Roberto> - Concrete example: recently it was discussed in this list the
 Roberto> idea of using an unboxed representation for small strings. If
 Roberto> we decide to adopt that proposal, we will ensure that elements
 Roberto> active in the stack do not move (because the manual assures
 Roberto> that), but elements in a table (e.g., the registry) are free
 Roberto> to be moved if the table resizes.

What about strings accessed via upvalue pseudo-indexes?

--
Andrew.