> > The idea of this behavior is to try to adapt the collector
> > temporarily. (I am not sure we will keep it that way.)
>
> I'm curious about this last part, do you have specific changes in mind?

Maybe remove this particular behavior or else to change its parameters.

The idea behind this behavior is that it is somewhat expensive to change
from generational to incremental. So, if it seems likely that a full
collection will be followed by another full collection, it may be wise
not to change the collector back to generational mode between these two
collections. If the collector knew the future, everything would be much
easier :-) As it does not, its guesses sometimes may make things worse.

-- Roberto