On Wed, 15 Jul 2020, 19:06 Roberto Ierusalimschy, <roberto@inf.puc-rio.br> wrote:
The idea of this behavior is to try to adapt the collector
temporarily. (I am not sure we will keep it that way.)

I'm curious about this last part, do you have specific changes in mind?

I'm asking because the GC is currently our main pain point with Lua in a long-running application. Tweaking the default parameters helps somewhat in previous versions, and we've not yet tried 5.4 in production (maybe after .1 ;) ).

I'm excited to try the new generational mode but would be keen to know of any open issues (such as reported here) or any planned improvements.

Regards,
Matthew