On 2020-07-18 02:59, Paul Merrell wrote:

My current question is about the Firefox support. Is there anything
more recent than Moonshine? It's last code commitment was in 2015.
<https://github.com/stpettersens/mshine>

Sure - https://fengari.io . It is a long time, supported effort by some
core Lua community members. You can also take a look to the introductory
article [1], about the differences with other Lua in Browser
implementations.

[1] https://hackernoon.com/why-we-rewrote-lua-in-js-a66529a8278d

BTW, I have another very important project for your list: syslinux - the
most universal and human friendly :-) Linux bootloader which supports:
PXE, EFI, BIOS, ISO and DOS/Windows [2]:

[2] https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/boot/syslinux/syslinux.git/tree/com32/lua/test/automenu.lua?id=HEAD

Kind Regards,
Alek

P.S. Paul, when you have hour or two, take a look at Dolt [3] - OSS
versioned (git-like), MySQL compatible [4] Database engine, and their
github-like hosted instance [5].

Since Lua quietly pop-ups everywhere :-), maybe it's worth it to
transform your already long list to a queryable versioned DB, where you
could merge PRs from the community. Eventually, it could become sub-app
of luarocks.org based on such datasource?

[3] https://github.com/liquidata-inc/dolt/releases
[4] https://www.dolthub.com/docs/tutorials/reading-from-dolt/#sql
[5] https://www.dolthub.com/repositories/Liquidata/ip-to-country