On 10/06/2020 22:24, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:

To build Lua in a common Unix-like platform, just do
    make
The Makefile will guess your platform using uname and build Lua for it.
We welcome feedback on this, which is new, especially more uname targets
with explicit rules and fixes for existing ones.

We also welcome feedback on the listings output by luac -l -l, because
luac has been rewritten to account for the new VM instructions.

All feedback welcome. Thanks.
--lhf

Hi,

on xubuntu 20.04, if I just do make as suggested here I get a Linux build without readline.  I need to do

    make linux-readline

to get readline built in.  I don't know how others feel, but it seems to me that with readline would be a more useful default make target.

Best, Tony