On 10/06/2020 23:24, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:
Lua 5.4.0 (rc5) is now available for testing at
	http://www.lua.org/work/lua-5.4.0-rc5.tar.gz
[...]

All feedback welcome. Thanks.
--lhf

Small RFE for reference manual. I stumbled on this almost every time.
I find table.move description extremely confusing:

table.move(a1, f, e, t [,a2])

Not only are the tables indicated by "a" and an index by "t", combined with the arrangement of the args it becomes not intuitive at all.

May I suggest changing the "prototype" to:

table.move(ts, is1, is2, id [,td])

This more closely matches other function descriptions and is consistent with the terminology in the text below. Moreover it is clear at a glance.

ts = source table
is1, is2 = indexes in the source table
td = destination table
id = index in the destination table

I don't know if I'm the only one that gets that prototype wrong, but any time I look at the doc I have to read it through because if I just blink at it it just won't stick.

Cheers!

-- Lorenzo