>>>>> "Massimo" == Massimo Sala <massimo.sala.71@gmail.com> writes:

 >> MAX_SIZE isn't part of the Lua API

 Massimo> What do you mean? It is defined in llimits.h

llimits.h isn't part of the API either. The API is the header files that
actually get installed, not just used internally:

TO_INC= lua.h luaconf.h lualib.h lauxlib.h lua.hpp

 Massimo> 1) If llimts.h isn't part of the Lua API, pardon me I don't
 Massimo> read this information in the official docs.

"All API functions and related types and constants are declared in the
header file lua.h. "

lauxlib.h and lualib.h are also explicitly mentioned in the docs in
their respective sections.

 Massimo> I have to take care if it is defined in such a way it breaks
 Massimo> the compilation on some compilers / targets.

It's not breaking the compilation of Lua itself, it's only breaking
compilation of things that _you_ _are_ _adding_.

--
Andrew.