On 08/05/2020 10:20, Marc Balmer wrote:
Many of the Lua modules we wrote from scratch or adapted from
existing software are published as open source software on
https://github.com/arcapos/ <https://github.com/arcapos/>.  They are
all maintained and in wide use in our commercial products (mostly
point of sale and online systems).  They lacked, however,
documentation in most cases.

fwiw, I have put the documentation of these modules online at
https://lua.msys.ch/ <https://lua.msys.ch/>, our microsite for Lua
related stuff.  Also on this site you will find a work in progress,
the "Lua Integration Guide", where we try to collect and share our
experiences while integrating Lua in existing software, write Lua
bindings to existing libraries etc.  We put it online in the hope it
is helpful for some folks.  It's really work in progress, so check
for updates from time to time (the timestamp of the last update is in
the footer of the guide).

- mb

I just noticed you define some convenience fucntions like `lua_vpncall`.

Just a remark, isn't that a bit risky to reuse the "lua_" prefix for such a function?

A casual/new reader of the code could think it is a standard distro function, causing some headache when debugging/understanding the code.

Moreover, if Lua authors decide in the future to add a function named like that you would have a name clash.

Wouldn't it be more sensible to choose a name in a different "namespace"? E.g. `MyLua_vpncall` (dummy choice, but you get the point).

Cheers!

-- Lorenzo.