>>>>> "Russell" == Russell Haley <russ.haley@gmail.com> writes:

 Russell> A warning to build LuaRocks from source: The FreeBSD default
 Russell> version of Lua is 5.2 so the "ports tree LuaRocks" can't be
 Russell> used against 53.

As far as I know, it's now sufficient to install just one version of
luarocks, and use it to install rocks for all versions; however, I have
not tested this extensively yet.

 Russell> Andrew Gierth is working on better support through FreeBSD
 Russell> FLAVORS that will make it's way into the "ports tree LuaRocks"
 Russell> soon.

The flavors support was committed a few weeks back, though I have a
followup (requested by portmgr) to change the default version selection
rules which is still pending.

--
Andrew.