On Fri, 21 Feb 2020 17:10:34 -0300
"Soni \"They/Them\" L." <fakedme@gmail.com> wrote:

> What are some benefits of posting on the Lua mailing list instead of
> places like stackoverflow?

[snip]

> What (else) brings you here?

* The answers come to me: I don't need to log into various middlemen to
get my answers.

* Speaking of middlemen, Stack Overflow has inserted itself where, but
for its presence, people would have communicated in words about the
specific topic.

* Oh, and have you read the TOS's of those middlemen? You agree to pay
legal bills and settlements should anybody sue the middleman *alleging*
that you harmed them, regardless of the facts or laws or proportioning
of fault.

* Nobody here tells me this is a duplicate of something six months ago
and closes the case.

* Mailing lists take free-form input.

* I like you guys.

Steve

Steve Litt
February 2020 featured book: Thriving in Tough Times
http://www.troubleshooters.com/thrive