On Thu, Feb 20, 2020 at 6:53 AM Aaron Magill <asmagill@icloud.com> wrote:

> Looking deeper coroutines as a possible alternative, I discovered that they are currently fundamentally broken in Hammerspoon, so working on fixing that little snafu atm... one crisis at a time, please :-)
>
> --
> Aaron

If you would like an additional crisis, and the original question is
about Lua code that ends up running slowly on its own (not because it
is waiting for a lot of I/O or remote operations that are inherently
slow), another option is to try using luajit. I understand this is
also very hard in Hammerspoon's current setup.