On Wed, Feb 5, 2020 at 8:44 AM Fernando Jefferson
<fjefferson@inf.puc-rio.br> wrote:

> If you think you are a dinosaur for this, what would I be, starting to program on the Intel 8008 in 1973?

It makes you the the oldest dinosaur around. :-)

I started programming in assembly under the supervision of Fernando
Jefferson in the early 1980's. I think it was a Z80 by then, running
CP/M. I vaguely remember a paper tape, and perhaps also 8" floppies.
It was an informal internship: no paperwork, no pay, no hours.
Fernando just let me hang around the lab and do stuff. I'm very
thankful for having had this opportunity. It was a quiet place with
cool machines and lots to learn. A good change from Fortran in an IBM
mainframe, which I had been doing before.