On 03-Feb-20 19:29, Eduardo Ochs wrote:
In my way of seeing things making a package manager that makes developers super-happy (1) is a pre-requisite for (2) having a distribution for all OSs including Windows that beginners find easy to use. And (1) can be done in 100 or 200 programmer-hours with expertise that we already have, while (2) needs 10000000000 hours at least, plus black-belt social skills, lots of money to hire external people, and luck.
   Just my 2c =),
      Eduardo Ochs

I think your estimate for (1) is perhaps a bit optimistic but, sadly, I share your feeling on (2). It would be a major task.

--
  Enrico