On Thu, Jan 30, at 11:30 Coda Highland wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 30, 2020 at 10:31 AM Roberto Ierusalimschy <
> roberto@inf.puc-rio.br> wrote:
>
> > > [...]
> > >
> > > Because that is a joke. Of course nobody ever really thought that about
> > C++.
> >
> > Quite right. Unlike other languages mentioned in this discussion,
> > the ones I put in my list were all actually heralded as the one to
> > rule them all, either from the start (PL/I and Ada) or from pundits.
> >
> > Still today, there are several Java programmers who are mostly unaware
> > about the mere existence of other languages, and I personally know
> > several people that a few years ago swore that the real world was
> > confined to JavaScript.
> >
> > C++, despite its sucess, never was in this position, at least that I
> > am aware of. I added it to the list to keep the ten-year intervals.
> >
> > -- Roberto
> >

> +1, C++ has had its zealots over the years, but there was never the
> overwhelming hype machine claiming that it would solve everything.

On the contrary i believe, C++ is the ultimate tool to solve everything.
(joking :-), today of course), but seriously is. as it is as rather level
as C also, plus any style you like, and you like to express. If i had some
1000++ years to spend, maybe yeahs!, but time is sort, and C is alos quite
flexibly (if concentrated a bit to an expressional style, that would surely
perfect match. Surely i believe quite in Zig Lang to be honest, but you know
time is sort.

see:
http://www.quora.com/Why-is-C++-so-complicated-and-Java-so-simple?top_ans=71862212

> Adam