I have a question. Would a socket api fall under this discussion for a “Batteries” API. Having basic TCP and UDP (and maybe Bluetooth as well when hardware supports it) would be rather useful, especially in making lua its own standalone language.

On Thu, Jan 23, 2020 at 15:56 Frank Kastenholz <fkastenholz@verizon.net> wrote:

>> On Jan 22, 2020, at 10:56 PM, Sean Conner <sean@conman.org> wrote:
>>
>> If info() is called on a symlink, does it return info about the link
>> itself, or the file the link points to?
>
> What's this "symlink" you speak of?
>
> Okay, I know what they are, but this is meant to be a minimum support.

One can write a standard (at least) two ways. The first is “everyone must do X”
The second is “if you do X you must do it this way...” which seems to me to be a reasonable approach in these sorts of cases

Frank