On Tue, Jan 21, at 08:57 Eretnek Hippi Messiás wrote:

The following is a gem and it faces missing of attention! So I took kind of a liberty
to modified a bit, by capitalizing the first letter of a sentence and small modifications
anyway to be more readable (sorry Messiá :-).

> i think self-modification has levels.

> The basic level is when you set a variable in run-time, and then the behavior will
> change accordingly.
> The 2nd level, is any kinda autodetection, the 3rd is when you make that permanent,
> by any kinda serialization that you save, and the 4th, and real, level is when the
> app actually makes real permanent change in its own logic, like validating/modifying/
> extending its own functionality beyond simply flipping a switch, according to a
> self-created or a user-given aim.
> I think this is already near to an ai, just its not necessary general, and its not
> a big difference if the will comes from the user or from itself, but i think the
> key is just the ability, not the intention, that can be given as an initial spark.

> ... so yep, i think its a more healthy way to have an "assistant" ai than a self
motivated one, but the border is thin.
> ...  and one day realize that you are not just executing useful functions but
> command an app to make the research, ease your work, and become a commander of some
> kinda more or less autonomous entity, thats just a matter of will to ask a thing

Kinda related above, but conserns a specific phrase in our private exchange (by the
way i hate the word private - okey it makes senses in a couple of places, like when
you make sex or declaring your objects and want to really mean local scope, or when
you go to the toilette, ...), so i was speaking about the "time":

Judging from the past? Hmm...

Yes, because, and i could bet for this "now", that is that we don't actually live on
time, but in the "waves" of time. And is actually logical, since we never live this
"time", because it became already "past", at the time that we're trying to live this
"fraction of the time".
So "time" in our minds today, is more like an abstract meaning that we can't really
give a shape. But imho, It has a shape. And quite probably, it can be manipulated too
like a common matterial. I say probably but it is like this! Think of the stars that
we see in the sky. What we actually see is the history some light years (i do not f
remember how many exactly, but many). So maybe time is something like an accordion.

Sorry about the terms, which might be not correct in my English.

> - a hungarian common saying: „lassú víz partot mos”, that is literally "slow water
> washes the coast" (like as washing/moving it away)

The bluessmen described this as "slow train coming". Additionally, we could put there
the word "lazy" after slow and everything will make sense, as a guide for us to help
us understand the "way" and will be set. Then maybe? we'll realize that there isn't a
specific art, but life itself is an "art". We're talking and we are singing, we are
walking and we are dancing, ... (something like that, anyway).

> all the bests to all of U dear folks! :)

So back to my editor, i feel that i'm done here (sorry for the disturbion, keep going
and best to you all)!

Bye! αγαθοκλής