On Tue, Jan 21, at 11:25 Αγαθοκλής wrote:
> Sorry a small correction:

   - do not allow syntax ambiguities, possibly introduce by default the semicolon
     to denote the end of an expression, or find another way anyway, but do not
     permit more than one expression in the row

original:

  - do not allow syntax ambiguities, possibly introduce by default the semicolon, or
    otherwise you go the Python way and use spaces

Actually the original contains (by mind confussion) a solution - with regards to "or
find another way anyway":  spaces!!!, at least two, when aren't them into a string.
But not tabs! this means instant killing, or as soon as fast is possible anyway (this
is a punking joke of course, i do make hard jokes sometimes!), but i mean it. No tabs
please anywhere in any code, except when they make a difference, like in Makefiles.

On a side note, a little bit related, you might probably noticed a dissarmony here:

  - use zero-based indexing as everyone in the world does, even if you got it right,
    which you didn't (in my humble opinion)

with this common idiom:

    for (int i = 0; i < len; i++)

which of course it is an artifact of the history, because this is counting!!! (and
Fransisco was right). While the logical could be (in my humble opinion):

    for (int i = 1; i <= len; i++)
      array[i-1];

as an index is a pointer, so index 0 should point to the address while accessing an
array and int i = 1 speaks about the first element.

By the way: I also forgot this to the promice's joking side block (as it was really
a quick mail (sorry)):

"Of course is assumed that you can compile your code, in 5.1, 5.2, 5.3, 5..., LuaJit,
and always will be provided bundled with the distribution PUC Rio Lua (which also it
makes a nice acronym actually (PRLua)) the past, current and future versions."

In my opinion, and if we could see that project (of course with its own interpreter),
but mostly as a distribution - kinda as Linux distributions -, it would be quite wise
to be plain easy to install - or bundled for stable products, like moonL or fengari -
and use, any Lua flavor, and there are many. The only small thing to do is to create
a very thin layer for seamlessly integration to the choosen environment.

Of course you should (and with regards to technical details) have to find something
first to begin and base your development. But it's called "sun" in plain English, i
do not know in Portuguese, and i do not have an internet connection near me. I have
to walk into the cold to steal some bits (from the school actually! anyway...).

Have a good night from here and thanks for the cooperation.
  Αγαθοκλής