Hi Dennis!

Let me disagree! =)

Debian has this:

  https://packages.debian.org/sid/python-apt

I've never been able to use it - my brain is wired in a way that makes
Python too hard for me - but I have the impression that if luarocks
could be made a bit more hackeable then the people who are complaining
that Lua's batteries are a mess would change their attitude
completely... they would change the tone of their messages and they
would start sending things like "hey, I wrote this script here that
performs the tests such and such in the latest version of all the
existing rocks, and I just discovered that 20% of them fail this test
here..."

By the way, the last line of /usr/bin/luarocks is:

  command_line.run_command(...)

I've just added these two lines before that one,

  local myfile = os.getenv "LUAROCKS_DO"
  if myfile and myfile ~= "" then dofile(myfile) end

and I am starting to play with that. My first (super-trivial) tests
are here:

  http://angg.twu.net/LUA/luarocks-extra.lua.html

Cheers,
  Eduardo Ochs