On Thu, Jan 16, 2020 at 9:23 PM bil til wrote:
I think more like some "1 page function summary in documentation style", e.
g. if you invoke "help(print)", or "help(for)", or "help(if)".

This would be useful only for working in REPL (Read–Eval–Print Loop) such as standalone Lua interpreter.
Usually I write Lua scripts in a GUI editor, not in REPL console.
Most programmer text editors do support calltips:
https://i.imgur.com/v27nKA6.png

Do you really use REPL most of the time?