Hey Stefan,

Antonio Scuri, the LuaBinaries maintainer, has already fixed the link in the LuaBinaries home page.

Technically the rogue site is engaging in copyright violation by using the original text of the Kepler wiki as part of it, I am looking how I can request a DNS takedown with that basis...

--
Fabio Mascarenhas

On Thu., Jan. 9, 2020, 9:31 a.m. Stefan, <ste@evelance.de> wrote:
Am 09.01.2020 um 03:05 schrieb Fabio Mascarenhas:
> Hey Stefan,
>
> The domain name lapsed out of my control a few years ago and it seems to
> have been taken over by a spammer, for which I am very sorry.
>
> I have contacted the owner of LuaBinaries to remove the link.
>
> This is the first time I have seen an expired domain name takeover using
> a mixture of the original content of the site and spam, something new
> learned today!
>
> The page itself was deactivated for a while, that's why the domain ended
> up lapsing.
>
> --
> Fabio Mascarenhas

Hey Fabio,

I too haven't seen such a scavenging yet. Glad you reacted so fast.
Flagging the site on Google/Bing would also be an option.

Greetings