On Sun, Jan 5, 2020 at 11:16 PM Russell Haley <russ.haley@gmail.com> wrote:

On Sun, Jan 5, 2020 at 1:24 PM Dibyendu Majumdar <mobile@majumdar.org.uk> wrote:
On Sun, 5 Jan 2020 at 13:38, Lorenzo Donati <lorenzodonatibz@tiscali.it> wrote:
> > A good starting point would be an official list of approved Lua
> > libraries, with a search function, that tells the strengths of each
> > library. That would be a great improvement over having to ask online
> > and getting lots of opinions.
> >

> You really hit the spot!

Or not. I used to think as above, but I now see that if you need
language with batteries, you should go for Python or _javascript_. Lua's
strength is lack of any baggage, which makes it better for embedded
use.
I recently found Lua it in The Steingberg Halion Virtual Instrument software.

Regards

I used it in EastWest's PLAY library, too. (That is, in fact, the reason I joined the list in the first place.) Though unless things have changed since I left it's only available for instrument creators, not end users.

/s/ Adam