Fengari.io is really a very nice project. We can write Lua in stead of
JS code. I don't know about performance, but the expressivity of Lua
code talk to my heart.
I didn't expect to use Firefox, Chrome or Internet Explorer, but an
embeded browser. The result would be similar to Visual Studio Code, no
bar addresses, no urls to type, no screens Firefox like, Chrome like
or Internet Explorer like.
I would like  to write a desktop application, but in stead of using
Wx, IUP or another traditional graphical toolkit, I'd like to write
all the interface code in HTML and Javascript. The presentation would
be in HTML and javascript, but the backend would be in Lua.
If I understood, today, there are two options: V8, base of Chrome code
or Servo, base of Firefox code.
In Javascript, the Electron framework uses V8 to embed a browser. This
is the technics used to Visual Studio Code. In Rust, embeded browser
can be created using Servo engine.
Would Lua have something like that?

--
Luciano de Souza