On Mon, Nov 4, 2019 at 2:00 AM Marcus Mason <m4gicks@gmail.com> wrote:
>  I personally would not mind if you could just use unicode variable names but then a lot of punctuation would visually look similar to things like quotes.

In a proper implementation quotes wouldn't be allowed in identifiers,
because only certain code points (characters) are permitted and
punctuation characters are not on the list. My rough draft
implementation doesn't allow them. LuaJIT's implementation only does
because it doesn't have any code-point-based restrictions at all.