Really, happy days ...

Did you said 256K? Lucky you ... We started with 32K and then 64K.

My master's degree project was to develop part of a node for REDPUC, an experimental pre-Ethernet packet network.

We've developed it all from scratch: hardware, BIOS, multiprogramming core and OSI protocol up to level 2.

With a huge team of one person (Me) ...