Dear Francisco

Really, "1" is the simplest program possible, if we disregard the null program ("").

From now on I will use your definition of simplest program.

Glad you were also a CP/M user/hacker.

At PUC-Rio we did reverse-engineering of CP/M 80, obtained a source file, first in assembler and then in "C". And even we´ve developed a CP/M 86, with the providential help of Roberto Ierusalimschy (my colleague in the master's degree), who developed a genial interpreter for the 8085 CPU, running on the Intel 8086. Mapping registradors from one CPU to another!

But it was all in steam computing time.  :-)  :-)  :-)

Today I am managing the UpLua Project, which aims to boost the use of Lua Language in the (but not only) areas of IoT and Artificial Intelligence.

One of the activities of this project is to teach Lua to people outside the computer and technical area. Our audience: doctors, biologists, psychologists, lawyers, audio visual producers, film and theater directors and actors, literature, human resources, etc. And also high school students.

The focus of the course is different from the traditional one when teaching a programming language, where it is assumed that the student already knows another programming language, or at least a good background in math and logic.

Our course starts with "1 + 1 = 2", which is the only prerequisite (in addition to basic English).

Please click in this link to have more information about the course and the testimony of some students.
https://www.slideshare.net/FernandoJefferson/ts21-up-luacoursea

I will send more information to this list about Up-Lua Project and find out if someone could help us in this challenging project.

Regards,

Fernando Jefferson
CCE-PUC-Rio - Professor
Project UpLua - Coordinator