I just know, that if I look English videos in airplane with Chinese
subtitles, usually the subtitles are extremely short written ... (compared
to the English spoken text...).

Also for numeric table column headers, Chinese writing is terrific, it all
looks very compact and nice. In western phonetic writing, you typically have
the problems that table column headers tend to be much too wide... .

Just Chinese people told me, that translating western literature in Chinese
gets very complicated often, needing many more words to explain special
western words to the Chinese reader. So e. g. Tolkien Lord of the rings
books in Chinese language are MUCH more paper... . In phonetic writing it is
very easy to "invent" some new world, practically anybody can do this.
"Inventing" a new word in Chinese is possible practically only in spoken
text, but in written text this becomes very complicated, you need then
somhow to add many Chinese signs together... .

... but looking for errors in some text using unknown letters must be really
a nightmare ... this then is more like "encrypted coding"... . nice training
to get a perfect look at small side effects... .

--
Sent from: http://lua.2524044.n2.nabble.com/Lua-l-f2524044.html