Hi Sean,
thank you very much for this, always very helpful to see "real world"
applications.

If my proposed repeat specifiers would be accepted, then the following
strings should be equivalent:
">z 2I1 z 2I1 z 3I1 2z 4I1 s1", or also
">z 2B z 2B z 3B 2z 4B s1", or also (">z2Bz3B2z4Bs1" also would be clearly
defined ...).
">zBBzBBzBBBzzBBBBs1",

(so in this case the repeat specifiers to not impove the format string, as I
see it).

(I will add in my spec from my "Oct. 19 9h23 blog", that to use repeat
specifiers before any option which has the possibility of [n], it is nessary
to add a delimiter (space/colon/semicolon) before the repeat specifier).

What is the element "result.message" in your code - is this a table with
exactly 17 elements, so that you can write in lua 5.3 "result.message, pos=
string.upack..."? (I assume in "pos" you want to get back the "index of
first unread byte" in your source string "blob"?).

--
Sent from: http://lua.2524044.n2.nabble.com/Lua-l-f2524044.html