Hi Javier,

> the first thing I'd like to check is how much
> work and overhead is there from
> the bigger TValue struct

The benchmarks from the LuaJIT's suite show that the wide TValue and
"fair" 64-bit pointers are somewhat slower than LuaJIT (although there
are cases when LuaVela is faster). However, as far as I know, we did
not experience any severe degradation in production (sometimes we even
won over FFI-based code, but this is whole another story), and
IPONWEB's business (real-time bidding) is all about fitting business
logic into hard timeouts (80-120ms).

Anyway, please do share your results!

--
Med vennlig hilsen,